Monday, June 18, 2012

I stopped counting days...

It's an interesting feeling, when you wake up after 7.5 hours of sleep and still feel exhausted. At 8am we had our gear packed, bikes loaded, and were on the road. Getting a load of miles done early makes me feel good. We can rest midday if needed, take a long lunch, etc. We biked about 40 miles to Spring Grove, Va and ate some lunch. Mostly processed foods, not going to lie, being a vegetarian in smaller places doesn't leave you a lot of options, plus biking has made us think everything sounds delicious. After an hour and half break (along with some postcard writing) we continued own toward Chippoke State Park. We rolled in a little before 4pm, got a campsite and set up our tent, then went exploring. We discovered a large swimming pool, that was solely ours for most of the time, showered, and started preparing dinner. Quinoa with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, green peppers and spices. Healthy, flavorful dinner. I think the camp stove and I work well together.

After cleaning up, we both are now retiring early. Tomorrow we are going to be in Virginia Beach and then we will head down the Outer Banks.

Favorite part of the day? I stopped to save a turtle from the middle of the road - within minutes a large log stuck zoomed by.

Goodnight,
-M

Remember when I said I had felt every emotion on this trip? I was wrong. P

No comments:

Post a Comment